Now that we've got a cheery new outdoor patio, we're spending a lot of time in the backyard. A few weeks ago, the kids were dying to have a few friends over to kick-start the pool season, so we took advantage and also invited the parents, for a late afternoon happy hour!

Hi Sugarplum | Seagrams Pool Party

Thanks to the new Seagram's Escapes, there was virtually no prep-time for me...I just grabbed a few variety packs (they have 17 flavors to choose from!), and put them on ice. Guests could help themselves to their flavor of choice, and since they have a low-volume of alcohol, we didn't have to worry about having 'too much fun' with the kids around.

Hi Sugarplum | Seagrams Pool Party

Let me preface by telling you I've never been a wine-cooler kind of girl. My last wine-cooler experience was sharing one with my friend, Shelly, while hiding in her closet. (We'd 'borrowed' it from someone.) I won't tell you how young old we were, since both our moms read this blog, but let's just say it didn't sit well with either of us. It was the last peach-flavored anything I've ever had!

Even though many years have passed, I was still hesitant to try them again. But I was shocked at how good they are, and with the touch of fizz, they make a refreshing hot-day drink. I'm still staying away from peach flavors, but so far I love Pink Punch and Jamaican Me Happy. All the bright colors make a fun presentation, too.

Hi Sugarplum | Seagrams Pool Party

The blogger in me couldn't bear to toss the cute bottles once they were emptied, so I used them as vases for a little party decor.

Hi Sugarplum | Seagrams Pool Party

And talk about convenient, they offer 6 Seagram's Escapes flavors in individual frozen packs! Just open, pour, and enjoy! No blender, ingredients, or leftovers to deal with.

Hi Sugarplum | Seagrams Pool Party

But if you do want to get a little fancier, the website has a ton of recipes using your favorite Seagram's Escape flavor. This one would be a great punch for Summer parties and showers.

seagram recipe

But since ours was a casual, last-minute affair, I skipped all that and just made the bottles and frozen pouches available for our guests. We had a great time (as evidenced by all the empty bottles!), and there is already talk of our next happy hour!

Hi Sugarplum | Seagrams Pool Party

Hi Sugarplum | Seagrams Pool Party

Hi Sugarplum | Seagrams Pool Party

You're crazy if you think I'm showing you pictures of us sitting around in our bathing suits!

Hi Sugarplum | Seagrams Pool Party

Do you have any memories involving wine-coolers?
What's the easy go to beverage you serve at parties?

Visit Seagram's Escapes website or like them on Facebook to see a complete list of flavors and to find a store near you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top