Welcome Friday -- so glad you're here! We plan to spend the weekend spoiling Mr. Sugarplum...the best Baby Daddy I could have wished for....and snuggling on our son before he flies out-of-town. He leaves Wednesday for his annual two week visit with grandparents in Michigan.

To take my mind off him flying alone, I've got some fun things to share with you for today's Friday Five.

1) I posted about the super-cute Sam Edelman sandals here, and also showed you Target's version for less than half the price. Well, of course I went for the cheaper ones, and am so thrilled with the comfort and quality of them. I even tried the Sam Edelman's on at Nordstrom last week, and they look almost identical...except Sam & Libby's have a cushier bottom. TWSS Sandals don't last more than a season or two for me, so I don't like to spend much on them. If you keep yours longer, I'd probably go for these.

 Hi Sugarplum | Favorite Summer Sandals

I also scored this pair (you know, had to order two so I could get free shipping!), and can't even believe how high-end they look! It's hard to tell in the picture, but the toe and strap are shiny gold...perfect for giving an outfit a shot of class. The bone color is also a great neutral, and I much prefer it to white. These are definitely my two favorite Summer sandals, and will be in heavy rotation!

Hi Sugarplum | Favorite Summer Sandals


2) The sweet and uber-organized Jen of I Heart Organizing fame, asked all her contributors for tips on cleaning and organizing around the house. She posted the mega round-up, and it is seriously good. I'm taking notes, for sure!


3) West Elm just sent out a sneak peek of their New Arrivals...and they are killing it! I've got my eye on some drapes and that industrial light. And thanks to a few puppy 'accidents' when my parents stayed at our house, we're in the market for a new Family Room rug. The dhurrie might have my name on it.





4) Speaking of rugs...I think I need to enter this contest! Flooring America and Flooring Canada are hosting a really cool contest, with the winner receiving $5000 in Tigressá Cherish Carpet—a luxuriously soft, durable and eco-friendly carpet. Hello...that's some nice carpet!!

To enter, follow them on Pinterest, and build your “Dream Room” board featuring Tigressá Carpet, then go to Flooring America to fill out the entry form. You need to hurry though, the contest ends June 23. You could be the winner of new carpet by next week!

PinterestGraphicSavePinWin_nobar


5) I teased this shot last week on InstaGram (@cassiesugarplum) about a little photo-shoot happening at my house. The Dallas Morning News is running a feature about wondrous washi tape...and had me create several projects with it. I just got the word that it's scheduled for tomorrow's Life & Style section, so if you're local, check it out! I'll share the fun projects with the rest of you next week.

http://distilleryimage2.s3.amazonaws.com/4be8dd26c88411e29fb622000aaa1012_7.jpg

Happy Father's Day to my man, my best friend, my luvah! And a happy birthday to my crazy-talented aunt, who is my sanity-saving sidekick on all my big projects, and my sounding board for the rest of them.

Happy weekend, lovebugs!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top