Recently, Folgers asked me to talk about my morning routine, and I realized that on a perfect day, it revolves around coffee and music. I'm not exactly what you'd call a morning person. I'm not a grouch or anything, but I need a little time before the family can start with the rapid-fire questions and requests. 
For a weekday morning, that means I hole myself up in the bathroom while I get ready, with only the radio to keep me company. That usually lasts a few short minutes before a little person barges in. Then it's a mad dash to feed the kids, drop them at school, and get to work on time. Coffee doesn't even come into the picture until I've been up for a few hours...and even then, it's office coffee. Not exactly a relaxing or leisurely morning routine!

But once the weekend rolls around, I'm singing a different tune in the morning. Mr. Sugarplum is pretty serious about his coffee, and I'm pretty serious about cute trays...so we keep all the morning coffee essentials corralled on a cute Ikea tray.

Hi Sugarplum | Morning Coffee

Beans are stored in a sealable jar, and a tea canister brought back from this trip holds sweetener (it happens to have my initials). This little set-up makes me smile every time, and I love that it keeps the counters organized.

Hi Sugarplum | Morning Coffee

Then I escape to the new backyard patio, with my iTunes, newspaper, and favorite mug.

Hi Sugarplum | Morning Coffee

Hi Sugarplum | Morning Coffee

Mr. Sugarplum used to be a professional musician, and even though he doesn't do it for a living anymore, there is always music playing in our home. He even made up a song about coffee we sing as a joke.

Reheat my coffaaaay,
Pour me some love.
Add a pinch of sugar, baby,
and french vanill-uuuuh!

I should enter him in the Folgers Jingle Contest...then every morning could be a weekend. You know the person who wrote, "The best part of waking up, is Folgers in your cup!" retired on that jingle! #cha-ching (You're welcome for getting that stuck in your head all day.) 

You can listen to the Top 10 Finalists in Folgers' Jingle Contest, and vote on the best. Cast your vote once every day through June 19th, and you could win free Folgers Coffee, iTunes® gift cards, signed CDs from Gavin DeGraw (you know I love me some Gavin!!), and even a $10,000 Grand Prize!

What's your morning routine like? Does it involve coffee and music? Is the Folgers jingle now stuck in your head?! Do you think my Mister missed his calling as a jingle writer?!?

Official rules found here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top