It's feels like I've been talking about these drapes since the beginning of time. I think I teased the fabric when I found it, showed you mood boards with them, and then talked about finishing them no fewer than 87 five times. If I hadn't gone through the sewing machine debacle, I might have completed them sooner. No, that's a lie. It still would have taken me months and months. But all that is forgotten now that we have glorious, pretty, new drapes hanging in the Dining Room!

Hi Sugarplum | Dining Room Drapes

They are hemmed, lined and kind of pinch-pleated. And guess who did it? Me, that's who! Boosh!

Hi Sugarplum | Dining Room Drapes

I'll save the tutorial for another post because I can't even deal with talking about the process yet. But if I made them, you know they were cheap and easy. Let's take a peek back at the old drapes...hung low and awkwardly across the window, and covering half the glass.


Dining Room greek key rug

We hung the rod 10-inches above the window, and added an extender so they'd hang wider. Now the window and tall ceilings are really showcased, and the whole room looks more grand. I may have to get a dinner bell for our butler. (I'm kidding, we don't have a butler. Just a chef.)

Hi Sugarplum | Dining Room Drapes

I'd prefer them a little wider, but I didn't have any more fabric, so I may try to widen the rod a little more and stretch the panel out. Does the fabric look familiar? I thought it was a dead-ringer for the Schumacher Kerala Ikat, which retails for over $200 a yard! *gasp* I paid $7 a yard at Hancocks (doesn't seem to be online any longer). Bam!

Hi Sugarplum | Dining Room Drapes

The Dining Room opens to the Entrance Hall and Living Room, which all have touches of this deep blue.

Hi Sugarplum | Dining Room Drapes

Hi Sugarplum | Dining Room Drapes

This room has come a long way, but the next step is to change the wall color. I can't rid of that yellow under-tone fast enough!

Hi Sugarplum | Dining Room Drapes

How about some more Before & Afters...to see what a difference new, and properly hung drapes, can make to a room.

Dining Room greek key rug

Hi Sugarplum | Dining Room Drapes

Dining Room greek key rug

Hi Sugarplum | Dining Room Drapes

Hi Sugarplum | Dining Room Drapes

So here we are, almost to the bottom of the list!!! What do you think about the transformation so far??

 Dining Room List
(click on each link to see the project)


New Wall Color
What to do with the Piano?
Replace Lampshade on Piano
Wall Art?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top