Now don't get too excited...this isn't the kind of parade that involves marching bands and flying candy. But you do get to watch the procession from the comfort of your chair, and not perched on the street curb. If you recall, one of my 2013 Home Goals was to add more color to the Entrance Hall. Well, thanks to a Joss & Main impulse buy, we have color!

Hi Sugarplum | Rug Updates

The old rug was getting a little worn, but truthfully, with zebra in the Family Room, too, it was just too Madagascar around here for my taste. The Entrance Hall opens to the Living and Dining rooms, both of which have (or will have in the case of the Dining Room) red accents....so I thought a punchy red print would help to unify the three spaces.

Hi Sugarplum | Rug Updates

I wish the rug were a little larger, but $65 for this quality...I'll shut my pie-hole.

Hi Sugarplum | Rug Updates

Here's the Before & After for your evaluation...



100_6244

The larger plant makes a nice difference too...love the green! Can you believe it's the same Money Tree from this post? You can't kill those suckers!

Hi Sugarplum | Rug Updates

{Other posts associated with the Entrance Hall Makeover: Painting Black Doors | DIY Gold Leaf Starburst Mirror | DIY Tiled Wall MirrorFraming the Wall Mirror}



While poorly photographing the Entrance Hall, I realized that I'd accidentally replaced several of the rugs in our house over the last few months...so thought I'd parade them past you.

I loved the colorful Urban Outfitters rug we had, and I still get emails about it all the time, but honestly, it looked like faded-out poo within a month. It must have been a common defect, because they discontinued it from their site almost immediately after I bought it. I stumbled across this one from Home Goods and accidentally brought it home.

Hi Sugarplum | Rug Updates

I love how the color plays off the glass backsplash, and the woven jute is great texture against the slick cabinets.

Hi Sugarplum | Rug Updates

Kids + Bathrooms = Hot Mess...so their old rug had definitely seen better days. This little sisal number accidentally fell in my cart at Target. That's not uncommon for Target though. But for $7, it was a risk I was willing to take.

Hi Sugarplum | Rug Updates

Hi Sugarplum | Rug Updates

Then last month, I somehow found myself at Kohls again. I swear I never go in that store, but every time I do, I'm shocked by something cool. I spotted these cotton/jute rugs, on sale for $12! I couldn't not get them, right? That would have been the accident. And it's not like we'd had our old bath mats since we got married. Nooooo, who would keep white bath mats for 14 years?!?#wedid

Hi Sugarplum | Rug Updates

Our Master Bathroom got a big dose of style for $24!

Hi Sugarplum | Rug Updates

So what accidentally found it's way to your house recently? What do you think about our inexpensive rug updates?! Thanks for the kind words about Haven yesterday, I'm excited to learn some of you are going, too! Slumber party!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top