Okay ~ as much as I enjoyed the last few weeks of doing nada, laying around reflecting on House Goals, and dreaming of how great my cabinets will look some day ~ I can only go so long without creating something. As soon as I spotted this idea on Pinterest, and sat down to get started, it was as if my whole being exhaled.

Anthropologie style Confetti Vases

What was even better about this Anthropologie-inspired project, was it didn't require me to change out of pajamas, since I had all the supplies on hand....glossy acrylic craft paint (mine are the same as the little flip-top bottles), glass bud vases and toothpicks.

Anthropologie style Confetti Vases

Using a toothpick as your paintbrush, dot little blobs of paint all over your glass. Since I used so many colors, throwing away toothpicks was a lot easier than washing 10 different paintbrushes. And the small tip allowed for greater control. TWSS (Boosh! First TWSS of the year! And plenty more where that came from.)

Anthropologie style Confetti Vases

I didn't really have a plan or color scheme, I just kept adding dots until I was bored with it.

Anthropologie style Confetti Vases

Bake them at 325-degrees for 30 minutes...but don't pre-heat your oven...and the paint sets to dishwasher-safe. Or so says the package. I'm not a professional, therefore, not libel. They do smell a little funny while baking...or maybe I just need to clean my oven.

Anthropologie style Confetti Vases

After cooling, I was left with the cheeriest, cutest little bud vases you ever did see!

Anthropologie style Confetti Vases

Anthropologie style Confetti Vases

Guess who got a new camera lens for Christmas? I might be a little obnoxious with the close-ups around here until the excitement wears off. (It's this one if you're interested...and I love it!)

Anthropologie style Confetti Vases

You could do this project on anything glass or ceramic...votives would be really pretty...maybe using all gold dots??! Oh, oh, I'm totally going to do that! You'll be surprised what you can dig up in your house...these little bulby vases are from Michaels.

Anthropologie style Confetti Vases

Anthropologie style Confetti Vases

Has the New Year inspired any new projects in you yet? How long of a creative hiatus can you handle?

Check out my Project Gallery for more easy ideas, like:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top