I have a bone to pick with whoever said the nurse doesn't get sick! Babygirl was down and out last week, and her precious and darling mother (me) took her to the doctor (twice!), nursed her fevers, and fed her a constant rotation of popsicles. And sure enough, as soon as she's feeling better, I'm about ready to crawl in a ditch. Whatever crud she had has taken root in me, so it's been a rocky week. Which is probably what set me off when I walked in on this scene for the 48th time since school started (48 days ago).

we need a mudroom!

Whatever tolerance I had, for backpacks and jackets thrown willy-nilly around the house, is gone!

we need a mudroom!

To be fair, I'm not much better....my bags aren't on the floor, but they are everywhere.

we need a mudroom!

Clearly this family needs some sort of mudroom or landing spot. The Command Center we created earlier this year has been so helpful, so I have high hopes that this new spot will be just as effective for us. It didn't take long to round up some great inspiration in a Pinterest board. These are some of my favorites, all containing elements I hope to duplicate.

via

via

via

via


via

via

via
Man, that's good stuff! Doesn't that just make your OCD heart skip a beat?! I know I've got drapes to sew (and I actually started them...or one side of one panel anyway), but for the safety of my sanity, creating a Mudroom area has just become priority #1! It is my birthday weekend afterall, which means what I say goes, right?

Do you have some sort of landing spot? What elements are necessary for making it totally efficient and effective? Do backpacks on the floor make you lose your freaking mind?!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top