Hey friends and happy Monday! I hope you had a beautiful Fall weekend. We celebrated Thanksgiving with my side of the family Saturday, so I've already got one feast down. My fullness should wear off in time for round two on Thursday. This was to be the big Young House Love weekend, too...but unfortunately their media commitments and our schedule didn't allow for us to hook up. Boo on that, I was so looking forward to meeting them! But the upside is, just the idea of them House Crashing us resulted in some seriously productive weekends...so I'll have a slew of new projects to share with you!

We have Mr. Sugarplum's childhood piano in our Dining Room (no where else to put it), and while I'm not sure I'll ever change the actual piano, making over the bench was an easy choice!

Sheepskin Piano Bench

The finish was really scratched and worn, so a paint job was only going to enhance it. I took the lid off, covered the inside with paper and tape, and gave it a few light coats of primer.

Sheepskin Piano Bench

Instead of painting the top, I wanted to upholster the bench so it'd be more comfortable to actually sit on. I always assumed I'd use foam and fabric, but instead grabbed one of the Ikea sheepskins I already owned.

Sheepskin Piano Bench

Lucky me, it was practically a perfect fit. I simply used a staple gun to attach it, then cut off the excess fur, and around the hinges.

Sheepskin Piano Bench

After the base got a few coats of glossy red spraypaint, I attached the lid again.

Sheepskin Piano Bench

And here she is, my little fur-baby!

Sheepskin Piano Bench

The sheepskin is really thick, so no foam or batting is necessary....and it's crazy soft and comfy to sit on!

Sheepskin Piano Bench

And since it's so thick and furry, I didn't have to worry about being exact around the corners....it all just blends together.

Sheepskin Piano Bench

Here's the fun part....before and afters....

Sheepskin Piano Bench

We still need to address the broken leg situation...those yellow blocks aren't jiving with my vision!

Sheepskin Piano Bench

And the piano does actually have a front, but Mr. Sugarplum loves to play with it off...so I finally gave up trying to put it back on. I'll wait to pick my battle when it comes time to paint the room PINK! Muahahahahaha!

Sheepskin Piano Bench

I love the touch of vibrant color, and the furry texture. Even though I plan to paint the walls pale pink, I don't want the room to be sweet.

 Sheepskin Piano Bench

We are crossing things off this Dining Room list right and left!! And just in time to host Thanksgiving dinner this week....I'll show you our table tomorrow. What design battles do you pick in your house? Are as crazy about sheepskin as I am? (I try not to think about the actual animal part.)

 Dining Room List
New Drapes
New Wall Color
Brighter Rug
What to do with the Piano?
Repair Piano Leg
Replace Lampshade on Piano
Wall Art?

***Sharing this post over at Sarah's faboo party!*** 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top