Fall is a gradual season around these parts, so we don't go from sundresses to boots overnight. I typically just add a layer to accommodate the cooler mornings. Cardigans are a Southern girl's best friend, not only for the array of colors, but because they help to transition outfits between seasons. Today I'm mixing different shades of magenta as a nod to Summer, and the season to come.

Magenta Outfit


via
Really I'm cheating by calling this 'Shades of Magenta.' Truth is, I wasn't exactly sure how to label these colors....coral, hot pink, purple, salmon? No matter, I love how they blend together for a punchy impact. My mom probably thinks I look like I got dressed in the dark.

Magenta Outfit

The leopard acts as a neutral, and helps to break up all the cotton-candy sweetness (I like to eat Easter eggs, not look like one). The checks add a touch of pattern. I also wore the skirt here, but this time I hiked it higher on my waist for a little different look.

Magenta Outfit

via

Magenta Outfit


Magenta Outfit

No putting Baby in a corner in this outfit! Are you a fan of mixing brights? What about mixing colors in the same family? And speaking of shades....thoughts on the rumor of Ryan Gosling playing Christian Grey?!


{Outfit Details: Cardi: JCrew (worn here, similar found here); Shirt, Mossimo Target (worn here & here, similar found here); Leopard belt, JCrew (similar found here); Skirt, JCrew (worn here, similar found here); Nude Peep-toes, BCBG Girls (similar found here)}

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top