{Pinterest Project} is a series where I actually make something I've pinned, usually putting my own spin on it. So far, Pinterest hasn't let me down with all the amazing ideas. Today's project originated from this pin, from Bliss Images and Beyond, and this pin, from a now defunct blog.

hi sugarplum gold striped vase

Start out with a collection of glass vessels...mine are all from the Dollar Store. I didn't even bother to clean them or take off the price tag. Nice. Thanks camera, for picking up all the details!

 hi sugarplum gold vases

Wrap the glass with rubber bands until they are taut, making sure the bands lay flat against the glass. You don't want them loosey-goosey and able to move around. The pattern and number of bands is purely up to you.

 hi sugarplum gold vases

The original pins used frosted glass spray, but I did that with my DIY Chevron Glasses, so I opted for Rustoleum Metallic Brass. Just place them upside down to keep the inside clean, and give them a few light coats....no primer necessary.

hi sugarplum gold vases
Nevermind my garage floor.
Unlike wall stripes, wait for the paint to dry completely before carefully cutting the bands and peeling them off the glass. How pretty are these...for $1 each!?

hi sugarplum gold vases

I had a twisted sister band on one vase, and those stripes didn't turn out as crisp. So unlike this pinsperation, I wouldn't recommend using string. Unless loosey-goosey stripes are what you're going for. They are perched on my Liberace-inspired Fall Mantel...and will likely make a lovely centerpiece for my Thanksgiving Table!

hi sugarplum fall mantel

Another fast, cheap and easy project...perfect for our About An Hour party this Thursday! Hope you plan to link up. Has Pinterest got you cranking out any projects lately? Do you have any pinned ideas you'd like to see executed? Send them to me and maybe I'll be your guinea pig.

***Sharing this project with Sarah and Beth!***

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top