Do you ever have those days when you just kinda wish you could wake up all over again and it would all be OK,,,,well I had one of those days yesterday. I had a fantastic start to the week. I got hired on a new project which is an AMAZING client in Santa Monica. It's gonna be really more classic and colorful then ethnic and boho, so it will show some versatility on my part. 

I am also making headway on finishing up this big outdoor room I have been working on for what seems like an eternity. All was good in the world and in the land of Amber Interiors and then BOOM BOOM BOOM, In walks the biggest Muppet character I have ever crossed paths with. An unprofessional prick who waddled onto the job site, saw my hair color and guessed my age and decided I was an idiot who he could try and use as a scape goat for his royal fuck-up on this job. He screwed up in so many ways but instead of taking it on the chin and fixing his problem, he pointed his finger at me and said "SHE DID IT"! 
Now in this business it's common to be working shoulder to shoulder with these contractor types who are always gonna be smarter and one year ahead of you in experience. Some are cool, most are intimidated by me, and ALL of them initially assume I a dumb blonde with a whole lotta air between my ears. Obviously incapable of holding my own in this mans world and obviously not able to walk and chew gum at the same time. Well, ladies and gentlemen, I will not sit here and list off the credentials or experience I have which qualifies me to be working in and amongst theses contractors, but what I will say is, ladies if your in the "business of interior design" always make sure to get it in writing!!!! 

People suck and will always point fingers instead of taking blame. Always work with people you trust on a job site. NEVER hire or let your clients hire someone they don't know, and NEVER trust a man who calls you a bitch and then tells you, your the one who instigated the fight.
Sometimes I wish my eyes were video cameras.

Ok now that I got that off my chest I am in no mood to harp...I am just gonna show you this video. CAUSE ITS HILARIOUS AND THIS IS WHAT I WAS DEALING WITH...



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top