Thanks for your sweet comments yesterday...glad to know my voice and incessant grinning didn't scare you off! Today I'm sharing a simple recipe for a staple around our house...granola. I know it's readily available in the stores, but when the weather starts to turn, I like to get my Betty Crocker on and bake. It's really so simple to make, and this way I know it's all-natural. I've made a few variations, but this strawberry version is one of my kid's favorites.

Hi Sugarplum | Homemade Granola

{Ingredients}

1 cup strawberries, washed & hulled
2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
1 cup raw almonds, roughly chopped
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
3 Tbsp butter, melted
1/2 cup honey

Hi Sugarplum | Homemade Granola

{Instructions}

+ Preheat oven to 350-degrees.
+ Blend strawberries in a blender or food processor until pureed. Set aside.
+ In a large bowl, combine oats, almonds, cinnamon and salt. Stir in pureed strawberries.
+ In a small bowl, mix vanilla into melted butter, and stir in honey.
+ Pour vanilla-honey-butter mixture over oats, stir to combine.
+ Spread granola on a baking sheet in a thin layer, and bake for 20-25 minutes, stirring every 5-7 minutes.
+ Remove from oven and let cool for one hour
+ Store in airtight container.

Hi Sugarplum | Homemade Granola

My kids eat it with fruit and yogurt for breakfast, and even love it packed in their lunch so they can build their own parfaits. (See my lunchbox ideas here.)

Hi Sugarplum | Homemade Granola

It also makes a sweet and thoughtful gift...perfect for friends, neighbors and teachers.

Hi Sugarplum | Homemade Granola

I can't wait to make another batch...this time, maybe I'll try it with pumpkin! Making homemade granola...what's next, I move to Colorado and start wearing Birkenstocks?! ;)  Git in mah belly!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top