Remember when we had the big conversation about keeping things in our home that aren't our style, either out of obligation or because they had sentimental value? Case in point, the large floral rug in my Living Room that I inherited from my grandparents. I love(d) my grandparents. And I loved the rug in their home. But I've never loved it in my home. But I kept it...because who tosses a perfectly good, free rug that comes with sentimental value?! And worse, who replaces a really expensive rug with a much cheaper rug?

Well, turns out...this girl. I loved all your comments, which in a nutshell said 'your grandparents would want you to be happy, so try the rug in another room, store it, or toss it!'. So I took the advice to heart, alongside the treasured memories of my grandparents....then rolled up that big ol' froofy rug and shoved it in a closet!

I wouldn't be me if I didn't hem and haw, and then hem some more, about the kind of rug I wanted to put in it's place. In the end, though, I went with the one I've been drawn to for years.

via

via

via

via

via

via

via

via

Any guesses?!? I'll show you next week...and you won't even believe the difference it made to the room!! Until then, have you recently let go of sentimental objects that didn't fit your style? Do you have as hard a time pulling the trigger for a rug purchase as I do?!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top