Hey there friends, and happy Monday. Ugh, I know....total oxymoron. I totally have Fall Fever and wish I was home puttering around, and baking something pumpkiny....not staring at a cubicle. But, I'm grateful to have a job today, so I won't dwell on that long.

We had a great weekend full of sports, family and spooking-up the house. We love all the holidays and seasons, but are partial to the ones kid-focused...like Halloween, Valentine's Day and Christmas. If you have school-age kids, then you know Halloween is the jam! My kids already have their costumes (little Eskimo girl and Morph guy), and are planning their evenings of trick-or-treating. But Halloween decor is temporary and short-lived, so I keep it inexpensive and simple...like these bug votives.

Hi Sugarplum | Halloween Bug Votives

Martha nails it again...I found this little set of insect decoupage papers at Michaels, but you could use any scrapbook or wrapping paper, or even fabric. I've only ever used Mod Podge for decoupage projects (like these pumpkins), but I gave Martha a try this time.

Hi Sugarplum | Halloween Bug Votives

I gathered a few empty jelly jars, and some glass vases from the Dollar Store, and a small paintbrush.

Hi Sugarplum | Halloween Bug Votives

Start by brushing the glue directly on the glass, then position the paper to it. Dip the brush in more glue and use it to smooth and adhere the edges of the shape. Once dry, coat the top of the paper with another thin layer.

Hi Sugarplum | Halloween Bug Votives

Bugs + glue = eager helper. She made her own collection of jars for all her creepy treasures.

Hi Sugarplum | Halloween Bug Votives

Martha's decoupage glue is nice and thick, and dries perfectly clear. And unlike Mod Podge, I didn't have to seal it to get rid of the stickiness. The shapes don't look crafted on either, but rather like they are part of the glass!

Hi Sugarplum | Halloween Bug Votives


Hi Sugarplum | Halloween Bug Votives


Hi Sugarplum | Halloween Bug Votives

I think this one may even stay out past Halloween. I mean, I have glasses with little bumble bees on them that I'm crazy about year-round...maybe the moth or butterfly is next!

Hi Sugarplum | Halloween Bug Votives

Here's a little sneak peek of them on the Halloweenie Mantel that I'll show you soon!

Hi Sugarplum | Halloween Bug Votives

Have you been working on any Halloween crafts? How about a little linky party next Tuesday to share all the fun projects!? I love seeing how creative people get with the holiday...especially since it usually involves one of my favorite color combinations...black and white.

A few other Halloween projects you may like:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top