It's Hump Day again...and yes, I'm still saying it like the camel in this commercial. Well, attempting to say it like the camel. According to my son, I'm not even close, and to his horror, I just keep saying it. I don't know when I became an embarrassing parent, but it's happened. I'm sure my unnatural love of washi tape, and need to put it on everything in sight, has nothing to do with it.
"Really, Mom...you put that stuff on the keyboard, too!?!?!"

Hi Sugarplum | Monogrammed Craft Jar

For my Washi Tape Projects feature in the Dallas Morning News, they sent me a big box of the colorful tapes. Which was, obviously, amazing. But it also meant I needed a new spot to store them all. I love seeing all the bright colors, so I opted for this wide-mouth clear jar

Hi Sugarplum | Monogrammed Craft Jar

And of course, I monogrammed it...because that's another of my obsessive needs. I created the monogram using the same method as my Etched Jar.


Hi Sugarplum | Monogrammed Craft Jar

But instead of etching cream, I used craft paint to fill in the letters. It took several coats to get an opaque finish. Since the paint dries between coats, be careful when removing the stencil so it doesn't peel any paint with it.

Hi Sugarplum | Monogrammed Craft Jar

Hi Sugarplum | Monogrammed Craft Jar

Then I covered the jar lid with washi for more color.

Hi Sugarplum | Monogrammed Craft Jar

Now all my tapes are in one cute little spot. And since it's a gallon-sized jar, I've got lots of room for collecting more!!! Muahahahahahaha!

Hi Sugarplum | Monogrammed Craft Jar

Hi Sugarplum | Monogrammed Craft Jar

Hi Sugarplum | Monogrammed Craft Jar

You're looking for a jar to monogram now, aren't you? Just think of all the stuff you could stash in pretty jars like these! And such a cute gift, don't you think? I'd like one filled with cookies.

+  +  +  +  +

SPOILER ALERT: We finally watched the finale of Dexter, and all I have to say is, 'REALLY?!?!?!?!?!' Deb dies and Dexter is a lumberjack?! After story lines like the Bay Harbor Butcher and the Trinity Killer, all they could come up with was a bad CG hurricane and a faked death?!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top