Man oh man, did Monday get here fast! We had a tiny taste of Fall this weekend, so it seemed to really fly by. I hope you had a great one! We pulled out some Halloween decor, and I started a few spooky projects to show you soon...but today, I'm excited to show you what came in the mail!

The super nice folks at Rugs USA offered to send me a rug for review...um, back in April! Of course I jumped at the chance, since I was anxious to break up all the brown in our Dining Room.

Dining Room greek key rug

Problem was, my crippling indecisiveness! I finally narrowed down my top choices, and you guys voted on your favorites in this post. But apparently you loved them so much you put them all on back-order! So I was forced to be a grown-up make my own choices. Since our Living Room rug is a colorful, large floral print, I knew I wanted the adjacent Dining Room rug a neutral color with a geometric print. Enter the Homespun Elegance Rug in Enchant ....

Dining Room greek key rug

It's love-at-first-sight! This rug is very well made, super comfortable under-foot, and heavy enough that it doesn't require a pad. I know Greek Key is everywhere, but I don't think of it as trendy...this rug is definitely a keeper, and will easily transition to another room or house when necessary.

Dining Room greek key rug

The room brightened considerably when we replaced the chairs, and the rug helps to break up the browns of the floor and furniture even more. We totally lucked out with how perfectly the rug and chairs coordinate.

Dining Room greek key rug

With the new chandelier in place, I can practically visualize how this space will look when the makeover is complete. (See how the room looked in the early days here.)

Dining Room greek key rug

Let's see that change one more time....Before with the dark jute rug....(which now lives in the Family Room).

IMG_0721

To now, with a brighter, more graphic Elegance Rug...

Dining Room greek key rug
To you sleuthy readers...no we did not repair the piano leg. I just poorly retouched the yellow blocks out, so they wouldn't detract from our new rug!
I'm not just a Hair Club for Men Rugs USA spokesperson, I'm also a customer! I've bought two rugs from them before, and am always blown-away by the speedy free shipping, great prices and super quality. This time was no different! Have you fallen in love with a rug? How about my rug?!

And I wouldn't consider this a complete and official To-Do List for the room, but it's a starting point. Click the links to catch-up on what's been done so far.

Dining Room List

New Drapes
New Wall Color
Address Knob Situation on Sideboard
What to do with the Piano?
Repair Piano Leg
Piano Bench Makeover
Replace Lampshade on Piano
Wall Art?




***I shared this project with Sarah, the best link party in town!*** 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top