Heeeeeeeeeeey! Welcome back, lovebugs. I hope your weekend was grand! Miraculously, we didn't have any sporting events, so we spent the time celebrating the Mister's birthday with friends, family and food, and getting creative. And, of course, the series finale of Breaking Bad. Basically, my dream weekend.

Last week, I ransacked the house and all my decor stashes for items to use in our Fall Mantel. When that was done, I noticed two of the things in the discard pile accidentally stacked together, and they looked pretty cute! So I ran to my ribbon stash and a new Fall wreath was born!

Hi Sugarplum | Fresh Pinecone Wreath

I'd imagine that's how peanut butter and jelly sandwiches were invented. Or popcorn with Milk Duds. Two items accidentally meshed together, and BAM! Magic.

I made the wreath a year or so ago with fresh cinnamon pinecones from the craft store, and it still smells amazing! The gold F from Hobby Lobby represents our last name, but also works for Fall in this instance.

Hi Sugarplum | Fresh Pinecone Wreath

I looped some jute ribbon around the wreath and F, then tied the whole thing to a hook on the door. Then added a bow to the front with a second piece of ribbon.

Hi Sugarplum | Fresh Pinecone Wreath

How's that for the easiest project ever? Minus the time I spent glue-gunning all those pinecones anyway. And when I'm over the wreath, the F simply unties and goes on to live in another vignette. I like to use the wreath as a centerpiece, too, with pillar candles in the middle. I guess my hoarding paid off this time!

Hi Sugarplum | Fresh Pinecone Wreath

Hi Sugarplum | Fresh Pinecone Wreath

Hi Sugarplum | Fresh Pinecone Wreath

Hi Sugarplum | Fresh Pinecone Wreath

And remember my Front Porch makeover, including the door handles and monogrammed mat? Still looking fine-so-fine!

Hi Sugarplum | Fresh Pinecone Wreath

A little bit of nature and a touch of shine...my favorite kind of decor for this time of year. Have you ever accidentally discovered a great combo? Is there any chance you ate as much cake as I did this weekend? #noway Were you happy with the final Breaking Bad? I thought they did a great job wrapping everything up, without the use of lumberjacks.

More Fall projects found here!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top