There may have been an official reveal on Babygirl's Room, but that doesn't mean it was done. No room is really ever complete in my house...because what fun would that be?! My idea of a fun Saturday morning is moving rugs from room-to-room, and playing musical lamps and furniture. Although, it's safe to say the yellow highboy will never live anywhere but in my daughter's room. As long as it's yellow anyway.

Hi Sugarplum | Herringbone Basket

See that random basket stuck under the cheery highboy? We were having a problem with shoes scattered all over the floor, so I dug this basket out of the garage to help corral them. So the shoes were no longer a problem, but that eyesore of a basket was.

Since it's a kid's room, I decided to try out a herringbone pattern for fun. First tape vertical stripes around the basket.

Hi Sugarplum | Herringbone Basket

Then connect them with small strips of tape, placed diagonally. If this were a wall or piece of furniture, I'd measure it out and be more exact. But this is a basket. For stinky kid shoes. No measuring necessary.



Hi Sugarplum | Herringbone Basket

I've been itching to try this new line of spray paint from Michaels, so I snatched up a can with a coupon. It's a low-odor, water-based paint, so best used for art and indoor projects.

Hi Sugarplum | Herringbone Basket

Just look at that yummy selection of colors!

It doesn't have the same smell as oil-based spraypaint, but I still sprayed it outside on a drop cloth. It has a very fine mist and sprays on evenly, and the color is so vibrant! After a few layers of paint, and a few days to air out, I brought the little basket back inside.

Hi Sugarplum | Herringbone Basket

It matches the pink-radish of her bed perfectly. And is now a cute little accent in the room, as opposed to a plain, random basket.

Hi Sugarplum | Herringbone Basket

Hi Sugarplum | Herringbone Basket

Hi Sugarplum | Herringbone Basket

The herringbone is cute, but it didn't work any magic on putting shoes away. They still end up scattered all over. Are you constantly tripping over shoes in your house? And don't you want to come hang out with me, since my idea if fun is rearranging accessories and taping off paint patterns?!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top