Hey friends...and happy almost Friday! Yesterday I showed you our Halloween table....and today I'm back to give you the details on the easy projects that made this table extra special. 

Glitter Bug Plates

Supplies:

Glass plates (mine are from the Dollar Store, and surprisingly nice and heavy!)
Bug stencils, sized for your plates (I used these)
Glitter (I like Martha's because it's fine. Not Ryan Gosling fine, but fine like sand.)
Craft glue with a small tip.

Glitter Bug Plates

After washing your plates, position the stencil on the front of the plate, with the graphic facing down, and tape in place.

Glitter Bug Plates
 
Trace the outline of your stencil on the bottom of the plate with craft glue. I used Martha's glittering glue, but the only difference between it and Elmer's, is the extra small opening.

Glitter Bug Plates

Cover the glue completely with glitter....I put the plate in an old cookie sheet for easier clean-up.

Glitter Bug Plates

Once the glue is dry, shake off the excess and run the plate under a slow stream of water to remove all the stray glitter. (Yep, just like my nails!) I set mine on black placemats so the bugs would really pop. We've used them several times, and hand-washing only removes a little of the glitter.

Glitter Bug Plates

The snake nest place cards were even easier, and just as cheap!

Supplies:

Small circle forms (these are from Target Dollar Spot)
Floral moss (Dollar Store)
Plastic snakes (Dollar Store)

Snake Nest placecards

Just fill the little form with moss and shape into a nest. After spraying the snakes, I gave the nest a light dusting of black, too, and added a little card for the name.

Snake Nest placecards

Easy ways to customize your settings, without buying a bunch of themed tableware.

Halloween Table

Want to come over for dinner?! If you're having a party, here are some fun Halloween foods to serve. I'm so excited to finally meet Courtney in person tonight! Megan is even coming...how cool is that?! The three of us, and our husbands, are meeting for dinner...chances are, there won't be any bug plates...but there will be lots of fun! My presence on the blog tomorrow is questionable. I'll report back.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top