Hey there, friends! I hope you had a great weekend, and heaped lots of love on the dad-people in your life. Even though it was his day, Mr. Sugarplum still helped me with a few projects outside. My Home Depot Patio Challenge (it's a refresh of last year's makeover) is due this week, so we had a little sweat equity to put in this weekend. I can't wait to show you the refreshed space in the coming weeks.

I know my Living Room has made multiple appearances on the blog lately, but with the replaccement rug breathing new life into the room, I find myself hanging out in the space a lot more. Well, that's not entirely correct. 'Hanging out' indicates I'm relaxing...but in fact I'm zhushing...aka, being a rearranging busy-body. Which is pretty much my favorite pastime. The mantel was my latest victim.

Hi Sugarplum | Summer Mantel

Usually I keep it pretty basic, and stick with just the mantel, but I'm in a more-is-more phase, so I heaped it on and utilized the hearth, too.

Hi Sugarplum | Summer Mantel

I love the laid-back feeling of Summer, so I kept it casual by propping art, and using branches from the yard. Basically I did the opposite of my usual behavior, and didn't over think it. #whataconcept

Hi Sugarplum | Summer Mantel

Hi Sugarplum | Summer Mantel

Hi Sugarplum | Summer Mantel

Hi Sugarplum | Summer Mantel
 
Hi Sugarplum | Summer Mantel

Hi Sugarplum | Summer Mantel

You dog-lovers wanted to know what Miss Maggie thought of the new rug....I think she likes it.

Hi Sugarplum | Summer Mantel

Hi Sugarplum | Summer Mantel

Are you a zhusher? Have you done any decor refreshes to coincide with the new season?


See more of the projects in this post:

And check out all my Mantelscapes here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top